Daycare at The Dognasium is available to provide a ‘home from home’ environment for our doggy clients which many owners like to use for dog socialisation. It features 4 rooms converted into ‘dog lounges’ which will be equipped with a mix of comfortable resting areas – a sofa, chairs, and hammock beds. Should any dog need their own space for a while we have crates available to accommodate this. Each lounge has a maximum of 5 – 6 compatible dogs in them at any one time – we will take time on the first visit to get to know you and your dog by going through an assessment (enrolment) with you.
Daycare will include frequent toilet breaks in our doggy garden, regular exercise in The Dognasium Open Play area, and staff assisted interactive doggy games.
Daycare dogs will be handled by our staff in the public areas and exercised at quiet times.
Please be aware that The Dognasium is unable to accommodate dogs that are aggressive toward people or other dogs.
All dogs will be fully vaccinated to include parvovirus, leptospirosis, hepatitis, distemper and kennel cough. We recommend routine tapeworm de-worming with a veterinary licensed product every three months and we advise a monthly lungworm treatment with Advocate (or equivalent) which also covers flea treatment (but not ticks). Please advise us in writing or via email of any relevant veterinary conditions your dog may have and any medication being taken. Please bring the vaccination card when you bring your dog in for assessment.
Please note: All activities are subject to assessment via The Dognasium enrolment procedure and current availability of equipment/facilities. Advanced booking is strongly advised.
We are proud to only use entirely positive, reward-based training methods with all dogs in The Dognasium.
Daycare Add-On Pick & Mix Items:
Suitable for most adult dogs and puppies:
- Woodland/Lakeside walk – Lead walk through wooded area, riverside and lakeside. A familiar and relaxing activity.
- Doggy Decorum Training – Sit, sit/stay, lie down, recall, good lead manners, wait (at the gate, for food etc), leave it. Clicker training, whistle training basic obedience skills for all dogs. Talk to us about what you want your dog to do!
- Massage – Soothing and comforting; provides mental and physical relaxation, increases circulation, improves blood flow, reduces stress & anxiety.
Suitable for most adult dogs:
- Dognasium Doggyfit – Doggy ‘aerobics’ / yoga / core strength and balance training. Focusses body and mind. Builds confidence, burns excess energy and helps reduce behavioural problems.
- Dognasium Scentwork Games – A fun way for dogs to focus their natural talents. Provides mental and physical stimulation, builds confidence, burns excess energy and helps reduce behavioural problems.
Suitable for most adult dogs (with basic obedience skills):
- Basic Agility – Low jumps, limbo pole, weave poles, pause mat, hoop jump, dog walk. Provides mental and physical stimulation, builds confidence, burns excess energy and helps reduce behavioural problems.
- Dognasium Rally-O – Combination of Basic Obedience, Doggyfit and Basic Agility. Provides mental and physical stimulation, builds confidence, burns excess energy and helps reduce behavioural problems.
Suitable for most adult dogs (subject to health assessment):
- Canine Treadmill – Cardiovascular workout, fitness training, weight management. Provides physical stimulation burns excess energy and helps reduce behavioural problems.
- Weight Management – Bespoke weight management programme for your dog. Dietary advice, regular weigh-ins and a tailored exercise plan.